Last updated: 5th March 2021
Welcome to Kaiku. Kaiku Ltd (“we”, “us” or “Kaiku”) provides data driven investment matching for early stage startups, to startups and investors (“you”, “user”). To provide our services we need to collect some of your data, whether you are using www.kaiku.co (“Site”) or our Kaiku Platform (‘Platform’). We recognise your desire to safeguard your personal data and we are committed to protecting your personal data that you share with us as outlined in this policy.
- What data do we gather?
- How do we collect and process your personal data?
- How do we protect your data?
- What third parties do we share your data with?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your rights in relation to your privacy?
- What are your data protection controls on any linked Third Party Sites?
- CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018)
- How do you contact Us?
1. What data do we gather?
We collect two types of data at various points in your user or customer journey:
- “personal data”, meaning it can be used to specifically identify you; and
- “non-personal data”, meaning it relates to you but cannot be used to specifically identify you: data about the device you may be using or what kind of browser you are using.
2. How do we collect and process your personal data?
The summary below outlines how and why we collect your data:
3. How do we protect your data?
Security for all personal data is extremely important to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of data, we have organisational and technical safeguards in place including:
- monitoring and adjusting our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect.
- employee security commitments
- data breach and recovery plans
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that data transmitted over the Internet will always be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data you transmit to us through our Site and you do so at your own risk.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of other websites you choose to link to from our Site so that you understand how those sites collect, use and share your data. Kaiku is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content of websites you may link to from this Site.
4. What third parties do we share your data with?
To create the best, seamless and most dynamic service we can, we sometimes need to work with third parties. We only work with third parties which match our organisational and security standards. We will never sell your personal data to any other third party without your explicit consent.
Examples of when we may share your data with third parties include:
- To provide our service through Google Cloud Platform
- To ensure our service is secure and to prevent spam through reCAPTCHA
- To send our marketing communications (upon your consent)
- To personalise your experience through third parties such as Hotjar (upon your consent)
- To facilitate the sending of our partners’ communications (upon request)
We may provide data to others (such as governmental or law enforcement agencies) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with any legal claims raised against us; (ii) protect the rights, property or safety of Kaiku; or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of the public.
5. How do we store your data?
We will usually store the data we collect from you within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We will only store personal data we collect from you outside of the EEA if your data rights can be respected and the target country for storage meets an adequacy decision under the GDPR.
We will retain your data for the shortest time possible, taking into account our purposes for collecting and processing it, as well as any legal obligations to keep the data for a fixed period of time. Your data will be deleted until its primary purpose ceases, unless any of the exceptions below applies.
By way of an exception, your personal data may be kept for a longer period for archiving purposes in the public interest or for reasons of scientific or historical research, provided that appropriate technical and organisational measures are put in place (anonymisation, encryption, etc.).
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you have the right at any time to notify us that you want the personal data we hold on you to be deleted, by contacting our DPO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What are your rights in relation to your privacy?
You have several rights available to you under the GDPR. These include the right to:
- Access what personal data concerning you we hold, and how we are using it in a machine readable format (Subject Access Request)
- Object to us processing your personal data (Right to Restrict/Object to Processing)
- Correction of any errors in your personal data held or processed by us or on our behalf (Right of Rectification)
- Request deletion of your personal data (Right to be Forgotten);
- Withdraw your consent to data processing by us at any time
To exercise any of the above rights please contact our DPO at: email@example.com
7. What are your data protection controls on any linked Third Party Sites?
To provide you with startup resources, we may link content from other websites of our partners, subscribers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties (“Third Party Sites”).
8. CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018)
If you are a resident of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws you may exercise the rights in Section 6. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
Please note that we do not sell personal data.
You may exercise any of these right by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our website, you are informed through a cookie banner that we collect cookies and you may manage the types of cookies that you allow to be dropped on your device.
We use the following types of cookies:
You can withdraw your consent to analytical cookies at any time through your browser settings.
- We do not knowingly collect or process any personal data of persons under the age of 18.
11. How do you contact Us?